North Shore Hand Therapy Covid-19 Update
We are still open for business as usual. Although things are changing by the minute with the release of new information surrounding Covid-19 and directives from NSW Health, rest assured the team at North Shore Hand Therapy are taking all precautionary measures to protect our clients and staff.
Whilst we always followed strict hygiene and infection control practices, we’ve introduced a number of additional measures:
- Use of Hospital grade disinfectant on tables etc between patients
- More frequent cleaning and disinfecting of waiting and treatment areas
- Extra hand sanitiser available in all common areas
- Washing hands of patient and therapist both before and after treatment
- All of our team have undergone the Australian Government’s COVID-19 Infection Control Training.
- Removing any items which may pose to be an infection control risk
Many of you have probably wondered why none of us are wearing PPE (personal protective equipment) for each patient. We are currently following NSW Health and WHO guidelines which require only use of PPE according to standard precautions and risk assessment https://apps.who.int/iris/bitstream/handle/10665/331215/WHO-2019-nCov-IPCPPE_use-2020.1-eng.pdf
If any of the following are applicable to you, call us on 02 94607788 to reschedule your appointment:
- Have flu-like symptoms (fever, cough, fatigue, sore throat)
- If you have travelled overseas in the last 2 weeks, or live with someone who has been in contact with someone who has tested positive to Covid-19 or is displaying symptoms
- Are currently self-isolating, or in quarantine
We appreciate your cooperation during this time and hope you continue to support small businesses during this time.
The Team at North Shore Hand Therapy